Friday, June 14, 2013

India here I come!


    With the lack of time I have, I'm sorry but this blog will be pretty short.  But I found it important to let you all know what I will be doing for the next 7 weeks and where I will be in that time.  The past two weeks have been packed with a running tour to different country towns in Australia and with lectures and getting things ready for the next 7 weeks on outreach.

    Starting tomorrow morning at 6:30 we will head to the airport here in Brisbane, AU.  My team that includes seven of us will be taking off at 9:00 a.m and will head to Singapore on an 8 hr. flight.  When we get to Singapore we have a six hour layover in a luxury airport with massages, swimming pool, gardens and everything!  From there we take off to Calcutta, India for the biggest culture change a Westerner can get. When we land we will get on a train and head up the Himalaya Mountains for approx. 10 hours and then hop in a Jeep and go further up the range to beautiful Darjeeling India.

   In Darjeeling we will connect with the YWAM base there and start to figure out exactly what we will do for the next couple weeks.  We have a basic idea of what that looks like, so far we know will have a lot of children's ministry, we may teach a mini-DTS(Discipleship Training School), service projects, and also teach at a Bible college. The first week or so we will definitely be just getting used to everything, can't show foot bottoms while always sitting on the ground, don't grab anything with left hand, curry and everything else.

   My team and I would really appreciate it if you could all partner with us in prayer while we are in India for this time.  As you could imagine this is not the safest place to be.  A few prayer points would be, weather as it is Monsoon season, safety on roads both driving and during ministry, our time trekking to villages in the mountains, health with bacteria increase and food (CURRY), and also pray that our team would just be able to stay unified like a family in hard times.  Please commit to keeping us in your prayers.

   As some of you already know, God has called me to come back here to Australia and be on staff at YWAM for a year and a half 4 months after I return home in August.  So with this I have been asking God, how am I going to get the money for this?  I found that the best thing I can do is pray about it, so with all of this said, will you also partner with me in prayer that God would provide for me financially and that I would be supplied with a good job when I get home.

1 comment:

  1. So proud you, man of God.
    I will keep you in my prayers definitely.
    It's so excited to see all the work He's doing
    In your life... I'm expecting so many good things
    to come your way... Have a blessed trip, Michael
    Take it easy on the curry ;) love ya pal

    ReplyDelete